29 January 2011

The Week in Blessings: Sabbath~Hike


After corporate worship and food,
we went for a family hike at a local wooded trail area.

I'm trying out my newly thrifted fishing hiking vest,
and I think it is going to work out very well.
(Now to get all those hiking-mama supplies organized in it!)



The Man loves to "knock rocks" as he walks,
he is practicing his flint-knapping skills--
aka blood-drawing skills.
(There's a reason I tote all those supplies in that roomy vest!)


Sights of interest beside the trail.


Some points of interest grow right on the trail.



A happy afternoon spent in the sunshine, fresh air and spicy-scented woods.
Still loving that upper 50's January weather!

Celebrating in creation
the blessings of rest and rejuvenation
intended by the Creator.

That evening we went to a chili cook-off.
The Man's entry was my personal all-time-favorite--no joke.
We all had fun visiting with friends old and new.

A special day of blessing, indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Missuz C,

    Looks like you and your family had a wonderful time taking a nature walk. I enjoyed looking at all the photographs. My favorite was the one that looked like an open pinecone in the shape of a flower.

    Well, I hope that you didn't get a bellyache eating too much chili. :) I like chili, but I can't eat too much of it because of the spices.

    Take care.

    -Lady Rose


    P.S. The picture of you and The Treasure together is cute. You sure are skinny and in GOOD shape! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady Rose--Thank you for your kind comments. I love photographing and sharing the neat things God provides for our enjoyment in His great book of creation! The pinecone-looking-thing is a rosette of lichen growing around a tree stump in the middle of the trail!

    As for the chili--I tried several kinds (little samples) but found that the Man's chili was far superior to any other in taste and so I filled up on it. It was vegan and mild--so no upset tummy!!

    As for skinny--that is in the eye of the beholder (I could stand to lose quite a few pounds) and I'm working on getting into better shape. The older I get, the harder I have to work at that!

    Thanks for stopping by, and sharing your thoughts. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete