16 December 2010

~~Thankful Thursdays~~Dec 16



Today I'm abundantly grateful for natural remedies!

The Treasure is recovering nicely from a bout of 'Walking Pneumonia'
(which required a Dr. visit and antibiotics)
and the Man and I are recovering from similar symptoms
that attacked us both about two weeks ago.
We've been using:
  •  copious amounts of raw garlic (antiviral + antibacterial)
  • alternating hot (3 minutes) and cold (30 seconds) baths or showers (invigorates the immune system)
  • eucalyptus essential oil drops placed on cloth beside head when lying down (miraculous at calming cough, also is antiviral + antibacterial)
  • raw honey + fresh lemon juice (mix 1:1) with a few drops eucalyptus oil (cough sryup, 1 tsp. every 3 hours or as needed)
  • steam inhalations (calms cough, and changing the temp or humidity helps kill the 'bugs')
  • sipping citrus juices (increases vitamin C intake)
  • sipping mullein tea (amazing how it relaxes the bronchioles and clears them out!)
  • drinking lots of fluids (thins secretions, makes them easier to expel)
  • Vick's vapor rub--rubbed on soles of feet and then socks placed over (helps relieve congestion and cough)
  • prayer (we know who The Great Physician is!)
We were doing a decent job of holding the infection down,
but couldn't quite kick it,
and I could tell it was infiltrating my lungs.
After listening to my whining far too long, my good friend L
shared a personal-experience-story with me,
and I was sooo impressed I sent the Man to town
for some Echinacea + Goldenseal tincture.
After dosing ourselves with it every two hours
we both started feeling better--within a matter of hours.
I'd made a Dr. appointment, as in the past, when an infection goes to my lungs
I have never recovered from it without allopathic medicine's help.
The morning of the Dr. appt I woke up feeling so much better
I called and canceled the appointment.
So far, so good, though we are not 100% over it yet.
Still resting, doing natural remedies, praying.
Grateful, nonetheless!

Many thanks to our good friend, Mrs. S, and for L. for sharing their experience,
suggestions and advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment